About Me

My photo
I am almost 62 years old (June 8th). I was an online student until recently when I found I needed to withdraw for a while. I just cannot seem to remember anything that I read!! My mind span is like that of a child with ADHD and I do not know why. Just a lot going on I guess. I am still a CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteer and help with a training for 'kinship caregivers' every so often. Not sure what the future holds, only God knows that and He will reveal it to me when He is ready. Until then I just need to work on restoring my relationship with Him.

Friday, April 19, 2013

  It has been ages since I visited my own blog.  How bad is that??  So I decided I had better try my hand at writing again tonight.
  I have been learning a lot lately about yarns and what I call "the good stuff."  Have you ever paid $23.00 for a skein/hank of yarn??  I now have!  It is 100% bamboo!  It is amazing.  I have also met a young woman in town who takes in rescue fiber animals.  She has two alpacas, three cashmere goats, and eleven angora rabbits.  She (Brandi) also buys 'good yarns' (white) and dyes them.  I have helped her dye yarn, I have learned to card the fiber on her drum carder, and I am learning to spin yarn.  I am going to get my own spinning wheel on May 14th and I am so excited.  I have recently learned to knit socks, and what a difference 'good yarn' makes.  I have wanted to learn to spin since 2005 and it is finally happening.
  My wonderful husband Dale just purchased a new toy!  It is a 950 Yamaha V star motorcycle!!  It is a left-over 2010.  It had never had gas in it until he bought it!!  It's beautiful....black with nice sidebags.  As soon as I pick up my helmet...off we go.  He has ridden it to work twice now and he really likes the ride and the gas savings.
  It seems as if spring might finally be coming.  Even though we haven't had a hard winter, it seems as if it has been a long one.  I find that I suffer from SAD (seasonal affect disorder)!  I hate the darkness.  And in the winter it seems as if that's all there is.  But Praise God I am beginning to see the light!  Spring, summer, and fall will offer flowers, warm breezes, days by the water or sitting outside knitting or spinning, and then colorful leaves.  
  I have started going to a spinning group and have reconnected with a lady that I met in 2005 named Joan Perkins.  In fact it is an extra spinning wheel that she has that I am going to buy.  I am hoping these ladies go to some of the local fairs and spin there.  I have seen groups of spinners sitting in a common area at some of the fairs, and they talk with people about spinning and answer any question they can.  I still do not know much yet, but I am learning.
  Yesterday I went to Bath, ME (down south) with  a friend, Donna, from church.  We went to a place called 'Halceon Yarns!'  Oh my, the yarns, the wheels, the, the, the..........  It was wonderful.  I am glad they are two and a half hours away though, I will have to think twice about frequenting the place!!!
  So, that kind of wraps things up for me tonight.  But I have enjoyed telling you about my life and what I have been up to lately.  Until we meet again.......Your sister in Christ is signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment