About Me

My photo
I am almost 62 years old (June 8th). I was an online student until recently when I found I needed to withdraw for a while. I just cannot seem to remember anything that I read!! My mind span is like that of a child with ADHD and I do not know why. Just a lot going on I guess. I am still a CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteer and help with a training for 'kinship caregivers' every so often. Not sure what the future holds, only God knows that and He will reveal it to me when He is ready. Until then I just need to work on restoring my relationship with Him.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Courage comes from clinging to a hand infinitely larger than your own.
I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand. Isaiah 41:13

God is so good and He does care for us. He is leading to a new place of worship and a reconnecting with old friends and acquaintances. We checked out the local Baptist Church this past Sunday. Stephen goes to their youth group and really likes the Pastor and his wife. They are new to the church and I sure hope the church asks them to stay (it's an ABC church and they will have to give the ok). I felt the freedom to worship in the "praise and worship" part of the service that I haven't felt since leaving Rose Creek Village. It was so wonderful. We like the Pastor, he is a teacher vs. a preacher, but he is a lively one. He doesn't stand still!!!
Today Ginger came over and we started out little Bible study. It was so awesome!! I have longed for a friend that I can trust and study the work with and God is working this out. Ginger is so sweet and has a sweet spirit. I think that is what has kept us friends over the many years we havn't seen eachother. As soon as we meet, we feel the Holy Spirit. She and her husband Brad are a little younger than Dale and I but we all get along real well. Finally, someone who I can talk to, be with, study the word with.
DJ is getting along well at Job Corps. I have to take his birth certificate down to him tomorrow so he can take drivers ed. They need originals!!! He is going to spend the weekend with his biological mom and her boyfriend. I am glad he can finally have a relationship with her. He is at the place where he needs questions answered and he needs to know her. They really haven't been together since he was 6.
I'm off to counseling tomorrow and looking forward to it. I seem to be able to "dump." And it feels so good.
My 5th term at Kaplan online college started last Wed. and I am taking three classes this term. I have Grammar and Editing, Introduction to Business and College Mathematics!!! Pray for me that I will keep up and do well. I really want to get my Bachelors Degree with a good GPA. Right now it's a 3.7!!! I have a hard time believe it sometimes. I am a member of the National Society of Collegete Scholars and they are having a convention in Washington, D. C. in August. I am praying about going. It involves a little bit of money. Lately though Dale has been talking about driving down with me, so I need to look into that possibility. That would be neat. I have also just applied to be on their National Leadership Council. I was just invited to join the Association of Women in Communications also. I am going to spread my wings and try new things out. I never felt I had much to offer and was afraid to go for it, but not any more. I am going to "go for it."
It's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment