About Me

My photo
I am almost 62 years old (June 8th). I was an online student until recently when I found I needed to withdraw for a while. I just cannot seem to remember anything that I read!! My mind span is like that of a child with ADHD and I do not know why. Just a lot going on I guess. I am still a CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteer and help with a training for 'kinship caregivers' every so often. Not sure what the future holds, only God knows that and He will reveal it to me when He is ready. Until then I just need to work on restoring my relationship with Him.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's hard to believe....I'll be 60 years old Monday!!! I've seen a lot in these 60 years. I remember when the first TV came to our small town!!! When I was a teenager you knew what make and model a car was when you saw it. My hero was a town policeman who use to work as a crossing guard. The neighborhood kids would get together and play softball. Things were not boring then. We never wanted for things to do.....and we did not have "things."
My mom and dad will be married 61 years on the 25th of June. They have lived in the same house for 61 years!!!! You do not see that much anymore.
Praise God, Stephen is going to be a Junior Counselor at a Christian camp this summer. He will be gone all week but has to come home on weekends. I am so happy that he will get this experience. There is nothing in town to keep a guy busy and no one wants to hire 16 year olds.
I start my 6th term taking classes on-line on the 10th. I am kind of anxious to get started again. I'm doing okay, maintaining a 3.7 GPA.
We are going to visit our friends in Rhode Island on 4th of July weekend. I can't wait. We will see some old friends from "the village." There are more and more people leaving it seems. I miss so many people there, but......I have had to move on, as have others who have left or been asked to leave. It would be so neat if everyone who has left or been asked to leave could have a big reunion!!!!
Pray for our granddaughter Ashley, she has a "fatty tumor" all around her knee (inside) that she will have removed on the 19th. She had a tumor removed two years ago from the same knee. I did not know that "fatty tumors" kept coming back. Please pray also for our friend Brooks. He has some medical problems that may require surgery. I'll know more this coming Monday night. He is a very neat person (we've never met him but have been talking with him via phone for over three years.) We were hoping to meet him in RI on the 4th but he may not be able to make it now.
Well one more week and Dale will start his summer work hours. He will work Monday - Thursday and get his hours in. He will have the whole weekend off!!!!!!! I can't wait. Then we can take my parents and take some road trips down to the coast. Route 1!!!! Full of craft shops and flea markets, mom and I love it. Dale and daddy say "thank heaven for air conditioners!"
Pray for DJ. He will be 18 in August and is beginning to feel his oats!!!! He is doing well at Job Corps though. Thank God for Job Corps.
Well, I guess that's it for now. I am going to try to be more faithful to you dear blog..............

No comments:

Post a Comment