About Me

My photo
I am almost 62 years old (June 8th). I was an online student until recently when I found I needed to withdraw for a while. I just cannot seem to remember anything that I read!! My mind span is like that of a child with ADHD and I do not know why. Just a lot going on I guess. I am still a CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteer and help with a training for 'kinship caregivers' every so often. Not sure what the future holds, only God knows that and He will reveal it to me when He is ready. Until then I just need to work on restoring my relationship with Him.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I was hoping to write every day, but.... Yesterday was counseling day for DJ and for me. Yes, I said counselor, therapist or however you want to label Dr. Oliver. He is a Christian and we knew him and saw him a few years ago. Since returning to ME a few issues need to be worked on and I am not ashamed to work on them. At one point or another I think we all need help, some are able to ask for it. Do I believe God can take care of these issues?? You bet I do, but I also believe that He sends people into our lives to help Him take care of these issues. It's a journey, a learning that we must go through.
Lately (more than ever it seems) the boys have been getting to me. It hasn't been a pretty scene. My therapy for this week....I had to buy a purple (purple is my favorite color) towel and a roll of purple duck tape!!! The purble towel means "I've thrown in the towel, I'm done." The purple duck tape is for my mouth (not literally, but I will keep it with me all day), so I will not get into an argument or go off on the boys!!! It's not going to be an easy task but I explained it to Dale and he has to and has agreed to help. We talked about what we expect of the boys, what they are allowed to do and for how long. Dale is at work when Stephen (my biggest problem) comes home from school and that is when a lot of the contention takes place. So Dale and I agree on things and now we will present it to DJ and Stephen. A challenge??? You bet. Stephen just loves to get a rise out of me and when he does I don't act in a very Christian manner. Pray for me and don't laugh when you see me walking around the house with my purple towel and purple duck tape. I will conquer this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment