About Me

My photo
I am almost 62 years old (June 8th). I was an online student until recently when I found I needed to withdraw for a while. I just cannot seem to remember anything that I read!! My mind span is like that of a child with ADHD and I do not know why. Just a lot going on I guess. I am still a CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteer and help with a training for 'kinship caregivers' every so often. Not sure what the future holds, only God knows that and He will reveal it to me when He is ready. Until then I just need to work on restoring my relationship with Him.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring

We are just a couple of day away from spring and I have been thinking about how things become new (rebirth so to speak). The buds will be coming out on the trees and flowers will be sticking their heads through the soil looking for the sun. Looking to show off their beauty, the beauty that only God can paint. It's so amazing to think of Christ's death, burial and resurrection in regard to how the leaves die on the trees, stay dormant during the winter and come to life in the spring. Only the Master could make these things happen.
That is what salvation (new life in Christ) is like. Our old self dies, we bury it, and we rise to a new life in Christ. It's not an easy journey, He never said it would be. To follow Him and live as He wants us to live can be hard. But we have His word to guide us and we have Him to go to. You say, "how can I go to Him when he is not here?" He is here though, 24/7 to guide us and to answer our prayers (maybe not how we think they should be answered) and to bring people into our lives to encourage us. He understands everything that we go through, there is nothing He cannot help us with. Wouldn't you like to have a friend like Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment