About Me

My photo
I am almost 62 years old (June 8th). I was an online student until recently when I found I needed to withdraw for a while. I just cannot seem to remember anything that I read!! My mind span is like that of a child with ADHD and I do not know why. Just a lot going on I guess. I am still a CASA (court appointed special advocate) volunteer and help with a training for 'kinship caregivers' every so often. Not sure what the future holds, only God knows that and He will reveal it to me when He is ready. Until then I just need to work on restoring my relationship with Him.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today is a good day.

Today is a good day. The boys switched rooms with me, so now I have a comfort space. A space where I can do my school work, write, watch a video, listen to music, or just be alone. Things have been a little tough lately. I am learning how not to raise teenage boys. It isn't easy. I may have to live in this world but I certainly do not have to like it. And I do not like it. What ever happened to the "good ole days?"
The days when kids came home from school, grabbed a snack and went to play ball with the rest of the kids in the neighborhood, or went fishing, or bike riding? In the winter you go ice skating or sliding down the neighbors big hill or build a snow fort. Today it has to be game boys, play stations, Xboxes, and you name it. There is no more going out to play with the kids in the neighborhood. And it seems as if all the young men want to do is fight one another. For what??? It's like a bunch of roosters around a flock of hens!!
Well, I guess I am getting old. Two more years and Stephen will graduate high school and be on his own. DJ is just waiting to hear from Job Corps, there is nothing for work here in our small town, nothing. He doesn't drive so he cannot go elsewhere and look for work. It makes things very tough.
But for now I have my comfort space.

No comments:

Post a Comment